The best chicken salad recipe
by Devan Carlsen, PHEc
YES, everyone has their own version of chicken salad. But I can say that this chicken salad hits just right, and is approved by both me and my partner. He has much different tastes than I do (ie. doesn’t like tomatoes) so I know this recipe will be perfect for your “picky eater” at home. Sorry babe (LOL)
So the recipe below is based off what textures and flavours I LIKE in a chicken salad. Ie, not too creamy, lots of crunch, a tang, and flavourful. You might need to adjust the amounts for your liking! That’s the fun part about cooking, you can (and should) adjust a recipes flavours to meet your needs.
If you try this and love it, tag me in your IG stories @dev_carlsen so I can share your versions with my community.
Crunchy Dill Chicken Salad
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, seasoned with olive oil salt + pepper. Cooled.
- 1 bunch of green onions, sliced thin (4-5)
- 2 pickles, diced (kosher dill if possible!!)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 4- 6 tbsp mayo* (start at 4 and see what you need!)
- A few dashes of seasoning salt (or a pinch of garlic powder, paprika, etc)
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- Black pepper
- Dice chicken breast into small pieces.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl, mixing thoroughly.
- Adjust seasonings to your taste, and creaminess.
* Note: If you don’t want to use mayo, you can use plain greek yogurt for added zip + less fat.